January 30, 2010

Married Life Update

So it's been far too long since our last update. And it's not for a lack of things going on. Honestly... it's because I'd been waiting to take pictures. But too bad I can't find the camera cord for uploading. It apparently got lost during the move or something. Anyways, here are the highlights....

** All moved into the apartment. It is really nice looking inside. And we are so glad all our furniture looks so good in here. We were also able to spend a good chunk of our wedding gift cards buying new stuff for the place. Some of our new additions include: 2 end tables, bookshelf, entertainment center, a trunk, bathroom accessories, kitchen accessories, & lots of random odds-n-ends from Target & JcPennys.

** I finally finished all of my substitute "training". It's been a long process. It is honestly harder to become a substitute in Katyisd than it is to be a teacher in many districts. But anyways, I'll hopefully begin subbing at the end of this week or beginning of the next (still processing paperwork).

** I am on to book #2 (of my 10 before age 25)

** Josh and I are loving all of our new kitchen gadgets. And we've been having friends and family over as often as possible to enjoy it all. It's so nice to be able to use our own stuff again. We'd forgotten how nice it is to be able to cook dinner and clean "our" own way (not that anyone else's is bad...we just prefer our own).

** Josh is staying busy at work. Working long days. But hopefully a promotion & raise are in his near future. This week I think is when he gets certification in "state inspections". That's cool for him I guess =)

** Today we went to the Houston Auto Show. It was.... alright. We had a really good time. But the actual show was a bit small & didn't have the best quality of cars. We were able to meet up with my brother Joe for the show & he took us to a yummy burger place down near his place.

I think that's all for now. I promise I'll get pictures up as soon as possible! (as soon as I find the cable).

No comments: