June 4, 2011

Ending a chapter

Well yesterday was the last day of school for the 2010-2011 school year. For the last week everyone had been hurrying around packing up their stuff, loading up their car with personal belongings, and getting things taken off the walls as quickly as possible so "summer vacation" could begin. But for me, I took my time, embraced each staple I pulled out of the wall, each student file I prepared, and each passing smile from teachers and students. Yesterday was my last day at school. Last day for awhile (but likely not forever). I will not be returning to teaching in the Fall. Through an emotional (and somewhat unexpected) journey, Josh and I decided that I will have the amazing opportunity to stay home with our little man! I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT. This is seriously my life dream to be a stay-at-home-mom , I just had no idea it would happen so quickly. I continue to thank God on a daily basis for leading us to this path- because truly we are blessed.

Now that I'm home for my permanent summer vacation, I hope to get back into blogging more, baking more, reading more, shopping more, basically a whole lot more living on my part. But mostly, I can't wait to share our wonderful life with our little bean. It's crazy to think that he is going to be here in just a few short months. There's so much to do and I've been enjoying every second of choosing the perfect items, name, and doctor for our little man.

So Cheers to summer!

No comments: