June 23, 2011

30 week update.

Well Mr Bean and I had an appointment this afternoon- and things went less than great. I surely won't say bad, especially since we don't know the outcome yet. But I had to get some blood work done to check for Cholestasis.This is a liver disease that causes bile flow to become abnormal due to high amounts of pregnancy hormones. The reason I'm being tested for this is because I've been insanely itchy. We're talking wake up in the middle of the night clawing at my belly itchy. I'm not yet even going to think about the issues that can be associated with this since we aren't even sure if I have it.

Now in the morning, I also have to have the 3 hour glucose test done. I failed my 1 hour test, and the put on 7 lbs in 3 weeks. These 2 things combined show me to be at a much higher risks for gestational diabetes. Really not looking forward to the test, but it must be done. So wish me luck that this isn't an issue either.

But other than those 2 issues, Mr Bean sounded great. He had a strong, healthy heart beat. And since I'm now 30 weeks I start going to the Dr every 2 weeks.

No comments: