March 10, 2011

Life is Good

Lots of change. Lots of stress. Lots of work. Lots of Love. Life is Good!

Phew... I'm so ready for life to slow down just a little bit so that we can take it all in. These last 3 months have just been an incredible whirlwind! Josh and I have both been working like crazy!!! For me, this is TAKS Season and therefore Paperwork season. And for Josh- he's busier than ever now that he's been promoted to Manager of his shop! I am so proud of him. He has just worked his tush off and really making a name for himself in the industry. And we both love it every day (well... almost every day). But man... I am so ready for Spring Break. And Summer. And Fall.

But then I must remind myself to slow down. It's time to take it all in. We are exactly where we need to be.

Well I don't have a ton of baby updates- but I'll share what I've got.

- I'm loving trying to pick a nursery theme. I thought I had it all figured out. But in true Anna Style I've changed my mind. But typically my 2nd pick at things is really what I want. And I think I know what direction I want to go. I'm thinking of using Teal, White, and Yellow as the colors. Have maybe some green accents. Have a white tree painted on the wall. White furniture. Some bird/nature accents. Use fun prints- but nothing too matchy matchy. And I've got to find the perfect soft rug to sit and play on. I'm also thinking that I'd like to frame some artwork from Josh and I's childhood in white frames. I know I've got stuff at my parents house. But now the task of searching through Josh's parents house for some of his old stuff.  I'll share pictures once I find some good inspiration pics for you.

- I had no idea how many choices there were to make and research with baby "stuff" . It's sort of nuts really. Car seats, Pack-n-Plays, Chairs, Bottles, blah, blah, blah. But I'm sure as I just read magazines and such it won't seem like such a daunting task. I've already started figuring out which brands have the best safety ratings, consumer ratings, etc.

- I've been feeling pretty good. Very very tired. And having to sit a lot more than I would hope. But I hope that after a long week of rest and recovery I'll be ready to be up and moving around more. I also think that next week I'll find somewhere to get a prenatal massage. As far as food... Well I just really haven't been that interested in it. I've actually skipped a couple meals on accident this week simply because I wasn't hungry. I know I've got to do a better job of this. But things that I am loving are: Boston Market (especially the Mac-N-Cheese), Berries and Watermelon, BBQ Chips, and Bread (rolls, garlic bread, white bread... you name it- I'm loving it). So I'm really having to reach these days to find foods that I'm really hungry for- b/c all my old staple items just aren't working- including steak, bbq, seafood, etc. So I'm working on it for sure.

- Next week I've also got to start cleaning things up over at my mom's place. She informed me yesterday that there is no room for baby stuff because I've still got an entire room and closet full of my old stuff (including wedding things). So I've got to go through boxes, and clothes, and movies, and more boxes. And really just purge all that junk that I don't need. And then find a way to love and cherish the things that I insist on keeping.

That's all for now. Thanks again for all the love and messages you guys have been giving me. And sorry I don't have any good pictures to share this week. Hopefully I'll take some over the weekend with the beautiful weather.

No comments: