November 25, 2010

Taking a moment

There were many times today when I just had to take a moment to suck up every second of joy and excitement on this Thanksgiving Day. Starting early this morning our home was full of of our family and friends. We ate. We drank. We watched football. We started new traditions. And it was wonderful. There were so many smiles, and big belly laughs, and simple enjoyment of such a carefree and fun day. It was perfect. I am so glad that Josh and I took the leap to start a new family tradition. I can't wait for next year :)

But traditions don't stop now... We've now got to start preparing for our first (married year) Hanukkah and Christmas. We've discussed our plans for celebrating Hanukkah and started making small purchases to prepare for the Miracle of Lights. I've started pulling out my books :) (which are geared towards elementary aged children- but I LOVE them!). We're still trying to decide if we'll have people over to celebrate with us one night. And then we've got Christmas. We've already started making purchases to start decorating our home with. I can't wait to get them out. I think over the next few days we'll try and get these things done!

The next few months are going to be so busy. But I can not wait! We've got party after party, and wedding after wedding. It's going to be an amazing time. But I am most looking forward to celebrating our 1 year anniversary in Chicago at the end of December.

I hope you all had an amazing holiday with your family and friends. Cherish every moment of togetherness.

No comments: